Two positions work during open pantry hours to assist clients while shopping: Host and Bagger. Help is needed 6 days a week. ¿Hablas español? ¡Te necesitamos! | Koj hais lus Hmoob? Peb xav tau koj!
Hosts work primarily indoors greeting our clients, answering questions, and guiding them through the pantry as they shop. Volunteers should be familiar with the layout of the pantry; the shopper guidelines, and a general sense of what products are available. Clients will receive easy-to-follow guidelines on the amount of food and personal care items available to them based on their family size. Role involves frequent standing and walking.
Baggers assist clients in bagging their groceries, weighing their groceries, and may help load their groceries into their vehicle. Should be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Essential Duties, Responsibilties, and Requirements:
- Bending, lifting, reaching, grabbing, pushing, walking, standing
- Comfortable interacting with pantry guests and answering questions
- Customer service mentality
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed
- Lift 25 pounds
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment and outdoors in various weather
Ready to get started? Click below to fill out our volunteer interest form.